How to Install Virtuous Picasso ROM on Acer Iconia A500
Custom ROMs are a choice for many users who want more features along with increased stability and speed. Acer Iconia A500 has got a couple of Honeycomb 3.1 based custom ROMs.
One of them is the silky smooth ‘Virtuous Picasso’ based on Android 3.1 Honeycomb. It uses the stock kernel and reportedly, the best custom ROM for Acer Iconia A500 tablet so far.
Features of Virtuous Picasso Honeycomb 3.1 Custom ROM
New features are constantly added. As of today following are the important features.
- Multilanguage supported
- Improved EXT4 performance
- Working with storages
- Super-fast and silky smooth ROM
- Virtuous CPU scaling scripts
- Deodexed and Zipaligned
- TweetComb / FriendMe installed
- Includes Photo 3D Browser, Photo Editor, Polaris Office, Google Video Service (not for all regions), Clear.fi, and Ebook
- Comes pre-rooted with Busybox / Superuser installed
- 3G modem support (Huawei)
- Nano text editor support
- Bash command shell support
- Advanced Power Menu included
- 1080p Video Capture (.mp4 file format), 720p Front Camera (.mp4 file format)
- Brings Windows Phone 7 Fonts to you tab
Now that you know complete details of the ROM, let us get it up and running on your Iconia Tab.
IMPORTANT: Note that flashing this ROM needs a complete wipe and format of the Iconia. Hence make sure you backup all your data and media files from the tab to computer.
1. Download Virtuous Picasso ROM to computer.
2. ClockworkMod Recovery installed. See our guide on installing ClockworkMod Recovery on Acer Iconia Tab A500.
1. Copy the downloaded ‘virtuous_picasso_vxxxxx.zip’ file to the root of the tablet’s internal MicroSD card. For the unaware, ‘root’ of SD card means the top level of the memory card.
2. Turn off the tablet.
3. Boot into ClockworkMod Recovery by pressing and holding VOLUME DOWN and POWER button together.
4. In the ClockworkMod Recovery, select ‘Wipe data/factory reset’ > ‘Yes – delete all user data’.
Tip: Use VOLUME key to navigate and ‘POWER’ key to select the item. The format process will take a few seconds. Be patient.
5. Now select ‘Wipe Cache Partition’ > ‘Yes Wipe cache’.
6. Go to ‘Advanced’ and select ‘Wipe Dalvik Cache’ > ‘Yes – Wipe Dalvik Cache’.
7. Select ‘++++Go Back++++’.
8. Select ‘Install zip from SD Card’ > ‘Choose zip from SD card’.
9. Now you can see the copied Virtuous zip file here. Select the ‘virtuous_picasso_vxxxxx.zip’ file > ‘Yes – Install virtuous_picasso_vxxxxx.zip’.
10. The installation should begin. Allow the process to complete. After the installation is complete, select ‘++++Go Back++++’.
11. You will land up on the main menu of the ClockworkMod Recovery. Choose ‘Reboot system now’.
You have done your part. Now sit back and relax. The first boot will take a while. Be patient! Finally, you will get to see the ‘Welcome’ screen of the new Virtuous Picasso ROM Honeycomb. Enjoy!
Head over to XDA thread for get more info regarding the ROM updates. Check out some screen-shots.