How to install rooted official Android 4.0 ICS ROM on Huawei MediaPad
Couple of days ago Huawei has started rolling out the Android 4.0 (ICS) update to the MediaPad tablet. There is no doubt that everyone will love to be on this firmware. Having said that if you have a rooted MediaPad, it is obvious that you will lose the root functionality after installing the official Android 4.0 firmware from the Huawei website.
Now a rooted version of the same Android 4.0 firmware is available for download, courtesy of GoldenBadger from XDA-Developers.
The firmware has no other changes on it compared to the official version, except that it is a rooted one. So if you haven’t installed the official Android 4.0 update yet, you can right away install this ROM and forget about rooting stuff!
Disclaimer: Proceed at your own risk. Android Total is not responsible if your device is bricked or damaged during the process.
- Download rooted Android 4.0 firmware for Huawei MediaPad [HUAWEI_S7-301u_FIRMWARE_android4.0_C232B002_General_Channel_ 05010YBX ROM with root] [ROM courtesy: GoldenBadger]
- Extract the contents of the downloaded ROM.
- Connect the MediaPad to your computer via USB cable and copy the DLOAD folder to the root of the Micro SD card. You can do so by using a Card reader too.
- After copying is complete, power off the MediaPad.
- Press and hold the Volume Up key while pressing the Power button. The tablet will go to SD Card upgrade process.
- You will see a bootloader screen as follows:
- The update is automatically detected. Let it install the update.
- After installation is complete, you should see OK message on the screen.
- Pull out the SD card from you MediaPad and delete the DLOAD folder that you copied.
That’s it. You now have a rooted MediaPad with the latest official Android 4.0 ICS ROM.