Install Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread Custom ROM on HTC Thunderbolt
HTC Thunderbolt users can now enjoy the latest Gingerbread 2.3.4 on their devices. Note that this is a custom ROM based on the leaked test builds from HTC, hence need to be used with caution.
Named ‘GingerJane’, this is a stock ROM released by XDA forum member ‘jcase’. Few things that are broken in the build as of now are alarm clock, Wi-Fi Tether, slow recharge, slow 4G performance, and others.
1. Rooted HTC Thunderbolt.
2. ClockworkMod Recovery installed. You can install it using ROM Manager free app from Android market.
3. Download GingerJane custom ROM for Thunderbolt.
4. Download GingerJane Radio.
5. ADB Setup in computer.
1. Rename the downloaded GingerJane ROM file to PG05IMG.zip.
2. Rename the downloaded GingerJane Radio file to PG05IMG_gingerradio.zip.
3. Connect the HTC Thunderbolt to computer and copy both the files to root of phone’s internal SD Card.
4. Reboot into ClockworkMod Recovery and perform ‘Wipe data/factory reset’, ‘Wipe cache’ and ‘Wipe dalvick cache’.
5. Flash the ROM (mecha_gingerjane.zip) from Recovery. Don’t Reboot now.
6. Launch Command Prompt in computer and run the following commands.
7. Now the phone will boot into Bootloader and then will flash the GingerJane Radio.
Reboot the phone to boot into the Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread platform.
Check the developer’s thread to know more about the future build developments.