Samsung Galaxy Fit (GT-5670) has received an unofficial CyanogenMod 7.1.0 build based on Android 2.3.7! The ROM is in great shape with many of the features working including RIL, 2D & 3D Acceleration, Audio, Camera, GPS, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, USB, SD Card, FM Radio, and more.
As of now only the USB Tethering is reportedly not working. Let us help you get the build up and running on your Galaxy Fit.
- ClockworkMod Recovery installed. Instructions given below.
- Download CyanogenMod 7.1.0 for Galaxy Fit
I. Flashing ClockworkMod Recovery on Galaxy Fit
If you have ClockworkMod Recovery already installed, jump to II.
- Extract the downloaded zip file : CM 7.1.0 – Galaxy Fit.zip
- Run the ODIN Multi Downloader v4.38.exe
- Put the Galaxy Fit into “Download mode” and connect it to the computer via USB cable.
- In the OPS section, select BENI.Ops.
- Check the option “One Package”
- Select GT-S5670-CWM.tar on One Package Section
- Click “Start” and wait for the process to finish.
II. Flashing the Android 2.3.7 based CyanogenMod 7.1.0 build
- Connect the Galaxy Fit to computer via USB cable.
- From the extracted content, copy the “CyanogenMod 7.1.0 – GT-S5670 – Galaxy FIT.zip” to SD Card memory.
- Reboot the Fit into Recovery Mode
- Select “install zip from sd card”
- Select “choose zip from sd card”
- Select the “CyanogenMod 7.1.0 – GT-S5670 – Galaxy FIT.zip”
- Select “Yes”
- Wait for the installation to complete
- After installation is complete, perform a Wipe Data
- Select “reboot system now”
Your Galaxy Fit should now boot into Android 2.3.7 based CyanogenMod 7.1.0.
Head over to the developer’s thread to know more details about the ROM development and for reporting bugs.