Here comes the MIUI ROM for the HTC Cha Cha. This custom ROM is based of Android 2.3.7 (Gingerbread) from CyanogenMod 7 and Wildfire S MIUI ROM with few tweaks added. Note that the ROM is in beta 2 stage, hence several bugs are existing and may not be good for use on a daily basis at the moment.
However, the ROM is being updated on daily basis which means it’s a matter of few more days for it to become silky smooth.
- Download the latest MIUI ROM from here. There is no point in giving a direct download link as the ROM is being updated on daily basis
- ClockworkMod Recovery installed
- Connect your Cha Cha to computer via USB cable and copy the MIUI ROM to the root of the phone’s internal SD card.
- Disconnect the USB connection and reboot the phone into ClockworkMod Recovery.
- In the ClockworkMod Recovery, You should use Volume keys to navigate and Power button for selecting options.
- Select ‘Install zip from SD Card’ > ‘Choose zip from SD card’.
- Select the MIUI zipfile.
- After the installation is complete, select ‘++++Go Back++++’.
- Select ‘Wipe data/factory reset’ > ‘Yes – delete all user data’.
- Select the option Cache Partition’ > ‘Yes Wipe cache’.
- Go to ‘Advanced’ and select ‘Wipe Dalvik Cache’ > ‘Yes – Wipe Dalvik Cache’.
- Select ‘++++Go Back++++’.
- In the main menu, press ‘Reboot system now’.
Head over to xda developers to report bugs and for more information on further developments.