Now that you have rooted your Samsung Galaxy Fit (GT-5670) on Android 2.3.6 (Gingerbread), the next mod you probably want to do is install the ClockworkMod Recovery.
For the unaware, let me quickly explain that ClockworkMod Recovery is a custom recovery tool that is much powerful than the stock recovery. It lets you install custom ROMs, modded kernel, overclock processor, perform a NANDROID backup, Wipe card, and flash zip files.
Disclaimer: Proceed at your own risk. Android Total is not responsible if your device gets bricked or damaged during the process.
- To begin, extract the content of the downloaded RAR package. Use password androidtotal to extract the package.
- Power off your Samsung Galaxy Fit.
- Put the phone into download mode by pressing the Volume Down key, Home button while turning on the device.
- Run the S5670_Odin Multi Downloader v4.38.exe file on your computer.
- Connect the phone to your computer via USB cable. You should now notice a yellow COM box in the ODIN window. This confirms that USB connection is ok and you are good to go. Else, reinstall the Samsung android USB drivers.
- Click on OPS button and select the BENI_v1.0.ops file.
- Select One Package Click PDA button and select the beni_cwm-5_ext4_v2.tar file.
- Click Startbutton in ODIN and wait for the installation to finish, following which you should see PASS green box in ODIN.
- Your Galaxy Fit will reboot automatically. Disconnect the USB cable now.
That’s it. You have successfully installed the ClockworkMod Recovery 5 on your Samsung Galaxy Fit running Gingerbread.