Installing ClockworkMod Recovery is tricky on Samsung Galaxy S as the new 3e Recovery won’t allow installed unsigned zip files. The usual method of installing it through ROM Manager app also end up with ‘E:Signature Verification failed….Installation aborted’ error.
The easiest method of installing the ClockworkMod Recovery is by using the CF Root kernel developed by ‘Chainfire’ of XDA forum. Let us give you the guide.
1. Download CF Root Kernel based on your region and build number. For example our Galaxy S build number is DDJV6 hence we search for the CF Root Kernel ending with JV6. But as of today, there is not JV6 in it. Hence we go ahead with CF Root JVO which is highly compatible with most regions. Unzip the file.
2. Download ODIN flashing tool and unzip it.
1. Power off the phone completely. You will get vibration after the device completely shuts off.
2. Press and hold VOLUME DOWN, POWER and HOME button together to boot into ‘Downloading’ mode.
3. Launch ODIN exe.
4. Connect the phone to computer via USB cable.
5. Close Samsing Kies if it is active.
6. You will see yellow COM box in ODIN.
7. Click ‘PDA’ button and select the TAR file that you unzipped in Requirements (1). In our example, the file is ‘CF-Root-XX_OXA_JVO-v3.2-CWM3RFS.tar’.
8. Only ‘AutoReboot’ and ‘F.Reset Time’ should be checked in ODIN options.
9. Click ‘Start’ button.
After the process is complete, you will see green ‘PASS’ box in ODIN. The phone will automatically reboot. Go ahead and disconnect the USB connection.
Your Galaxy S I9000 is now rooted and also ClockworkMod Recovery is installed. Launch ‘CWM’ and tap on ‘ClockworkMod’ to reboot into CWM Recovery.