Install CWM based EOS Recovery with Soft Keys on Motorola Xoom
A new custom recovery “EOS Recovery” is now available for the Motorola Xoom tablet. This recovery is based of ClockworkMod Recovery 5 with some interesting features added in it, including tar backups (Application extraction in Titanium backup), Dual storage support, which means you can use both the internal storage and the external sdcard, and Openrecovery scripting support in which you can flash through the GooManager application.
EOS Recovery comes in two versions – first one is termed as normal version and the other one soft key version.
Using Soft key version, you can get rid of using the tiny Volume keys for navigation in the recovery menu. You need to use the soft buttons provided within the Recovery interface for navigation and selecting. That’s the reason it isn’t Touch Recovery.
Now that you know the details of the EOS Recovery, let us get it up and running on your Xoom.
- Rooted Motorola Xoom
- Download the version of EOS Recovery you need: Normal Version OR Soft Key Version
- ADB installed on your computer
- Copy the downloaded imgfile to the location where fastboot.exe file is located in the android SDK setup. Usually it will be in “platform-tools” folder or “tools” folder.
- Reboot your Xoom into bootloader mode by pressing the Power button, and then pressing the Volume Up key several times until you see the bootloader screen.
- Now connect the tablet to the computer via USB cable.
- Launch Command Prompt and run the following command:
- You should see your device listed in the command prompt or the terminal window (incase of Mac OSX or Linux).
- Navigate to the location of the ADB setup where you will find fastboot.exe and also the copied imgfile
- Run the following commands:
fastboot flash recovery eos-recovery-r6.img
Your Xoom will reboot. You have successfully installed the EOS Recovery. If you are not a fastboot fan, and would like to flash the zip file through CWM Recovery, head over to the XDA developers thread to grab the zip files of the EOS Recovery.