As reported earlier, CyanogenMod 7 is now available for the T-Mobile LG G2X. The build is a n one and hence prone to bugs. CyanogenMod 7 is based on Android Gingerbread platform. In particular, this build for G2X brings the Android 2.3.3 version to the device.
1. LG G2X rooted. If you have not done that, follow our guides:
2. ClockworkMod Recovery installed. Refer our guide:
3. Download latest CyanogenMod 7 build for LG G2x to computer.
1. Connect the phone to the computer by USB connection.
2. Copy the downloaded Nighty CM7 B to the root of the phone’s internal SD Card.
3. Disconnect the USB connection after transfer is complete.
4. Power off the phone.
5. Boot into ClockworkMod Recovery by pressing and holding Volume down +Power button for few seconds and release them when you see ‘Android’ in orange color.
6. In the Recovery mode, select ‘wipe data/factory reset’ then followed by ‘wipe cache partition’.
7. Then go to ‘Advanced’ and perform ‘Wipe Dalvik Cache’.
8. Return to the Recovery main menu and choose ‘‘Install zip from SD card’ .
9. Select the ‘CM7 Nighty build zip file’.
10. Allow the process to complete.
After the process is complete, your T-Mobile LG G2x will automatically reboot into Android 2.3.3 based CyanogenMod 7.