How to Manually install XWKE7 Update in Samsung Galaxy S II
Recently, we saw the XWKE7 firmware update for the Samsung Galaxy S II I9100. The update is an important one as it fixes the Battery drain issue and also brings in plenty of useful features and aesthetic renovations.
The update is rolled out via Kies. Following is the details of the build:
- PHONE: XXKE4
- CSC:XEUKD1 (XEU)
- Build date: 18/05/2011
If, for some reason, you are not getting the update notification in Kies, you can go for the manual way.
1. Download official XWKE7 firmware to computer and unzip it.
2. Download ODIN flashing tool to computer and unzip the contents.
1. Turn off the Galaxy S 2.
2. Put the phone into Download mode by pressing the VOLUME DOWN + HOME + POWER Button simultaneously.
3. Run the ODIN exe file.
4. Connect the phone to computer using USB cable. You should now see yellow colored COM box in ODIN.
5. Click ‘PDA’ button and select the TAR file located in the downloaded XWKE7 firmware.
6. Make sure ONLY ‘Auto Reboot’ and ‘F.Reset Time’ is checked in the options of ODIN. ‘Re-Partition’ should NOT be checked.
7. Click ‘Start’ button in ODIN.
Wait for the process to complete. After completion, the Galaxy S II will automatically reboot. You have now successfully installed the KE7 update.