How to Manually Update Samsung Galaxy Tab to Android 2.3.3 Gingerbread
Recently, Samsung rolled out the Android 2.3.3 Gingerbread update for the Galaxy Tab P1000 in Italy. Rest of the world still have to wait for the official update to hit their device.
Like in most cases, there is a manual way, and here are the instructions on how to install the Android 2.3.3 Gingerbread on your Galaxy Tab P1000.
1. Unzip the downloaded firmware contents.
2. Power off the Galaxy Tab.
3. Put the Galaxy Tab into ‘Download’ mode by pressing and holding the Volume Down, Volume Up and Power key simultaneously for few seconds.
4. Connect the Galaxy Tab to your computer via USB cable.
5. Run the ODIN executable file.
6. In ODIN, click ‘PDA’ button and choose the ‘gt-p1000_mr_PIT.zip’ file.
7. Click ‘PIT’ button and select the PIT file in the downloaded and extracted directory.
8. Make sure options ‘Repartition’, ‘Reboot’, and ‘F.Reset Time’ is enabled in ODIN.
9. Click ‘Start’ and wait for the process to complete.
10. The Galaxy Tab reboots automatically after the flashing is complete.
11. Power off the tab and boot into ‘Download’ mode again.
12. Launch ODIN again.
13. Click ‘PDA’ and select the ‘dbdata.tar’ file.
14. Make sure ONLY the options ‘Reboot’, and ‘F.Reset Time’ is enabled in ODIN. ‘Repartition’ should NOT be checked this time.
15. Click ‘Start’ and wait for the process to complete.
16. After the reboot is complete, power off the tab and boot into ‘Recovery’ mode this time by pressing and holding the Volume Down and Power key together for few seconds.
17. In the Recovery mode, perform ‘Wipe cache’ and ‘Wipe data / factory reset’ .
Reboot again to complete the process. You have now successfully installed Android 2.3.3 Gingerbread on your Galaxy Tab P1000.
[Source: XDA Developers]