Manually Root Huawei Ideos X5 U8800 on Android 2.3 Gingerbread [Guide]
One-click rooting tools are first choice for everyone who want to get their phone rooted. But the success rates aren’t that higher, and it’s a matter of few more attempts before you get your hands dirtier. You are left with no choice than to go the manual way of rooting.
If you had no success in rooting the Huawei Ideos X5 by the one-click rooting methods like the famous DoomLord’s script, then here is a manual way which can do the work for you. Credits goes to android user dancer_69 of XDA forums.
- Download DooMLoRD_v3_ROOT-zergRush-busybox-su.zipand extract the contents to C:\DoomLordRoot.v3.
- You need to have ADB setup in your computer
- On your Ideos V5, dial *#*#2846579#*#*
- Go to projectmenu > background settings > log settings > log switch > set Log on
- Reboot the Phone
- Go to Settings > Applications > Development and enable USB Debuggingmode
- Go to Settings > Applications and disable Fast Bootmode.
- Launch Command Prompt and navigate to the ADB folder where adb.exe is located. If you have added path to system variables in Windows, you don’t have to navigate.
- Run the following commands one at a time.
adb push c:\DoomLordRoot.v3\files\zergRush /data/local/tmp/
chmod 777 /data/local/tmp/zergRush
Hit CTRL+C to exit from adb shell
adb push c:\DoomLordRoot.v3\files\busybox /data/local/tmp/
chmod 755 /data/local/tmp/busybox
/data/local/tmp/busybox mount -o remount,rw /system
dd if=/data/local/tmp/busybox of=/system/xbin/busybox
chown root.shell /system/xbin/busybox
chmod 04755 /system/xbin/busybox
/system/xbin/busybox –install -s /system/xbin
rm -r /data/local/tmp/busybox
Hit CTRL+C to exit again from adb shell
adb push c:\DoomLordRoot.v3\files\su /system/bin/su
chown root.shell /system/bin/su
chmod 06755 /system/bin/su
ln -s /system/bin/su /system/xbin/su
Hit CTRL+C to exit once more from adb shell
adb push c:\DoomLordRoot.v3\files\Superuser.apk /system/app/
That’s it. Your phone should now be rooted. To confirm, check the Superuser app installed in it.
[Source: XDA Developers]