Root and install ClockworkMod Recovery on HTC Sensation with Android 4.0.3 HBoot 1.27.000
With every update comes a need for new root. HTC Sensation has started getting the official ICS update (Android 4.0.3) around many parts of the globe.
Once you are done with the update to ICS, it is obvious that you will lose the root if you had one before upgrading. Thankfully, the device is easy to root, with the majority of time spent on unlocking the bootloader.
You can root and install ClockworkMod Recovery on your HTC Sensation running the Android 4.0.3 with S-ON. Read on to find out how to go about it.
Disclaimer: Proceed at your own risk. Android Total is not responsible if your device gets bricked or damaged during the process.
- To begin, extract the content of the downloaded HTC Sensation Tool kit on your computer.
- On your HTC Sensation, go to Settings > Applications > Development and enable USB debugging mode.
- Connect your HTC Sensation to your computer via USB cable and choose Charging mode.
- Copy the SuperSU0.88.zip file to root of the phone’s SD card.
- Run the Sensation V1.1.exe file on your computer. If you are using Windows 7, we suggest to right-click on the exe file and select Run as Administrator.
- In the Hasoon2000’s HTC Sensation 4G tool kit interface, click on Install HTC Drivers.
- If you have earlier unlocked your HTC Sensation’s bootloader by using the HTCDev site, you can ignore this step. Others can click Register at HTCDev > Unlock Bootloader and follow the instructions to get your HTC Sensation’s Bootloader unlocked.
- Go to HTC Sensation All-In-One Toolkit folder/ Data /Recoveries and rename the file recovery-clockwork-188.8.131.52-pyramid.img to OLD.img. Copy the downloaded CWM file to this directory and rename it to recovery-clockwork-184.108.40.206-pyramid.img. By doing this we are just replacing the old CWM Recovery in the toolkit with the latest one.
- Click on Install CWM …. which is located in the Install one of the Recoveries section. You have now installed the ClockworkMod Recovery.
- Click Boot into Recovery.
- The phone will now boot into ClockworkMod Recovery.
- Select Install zip from SD Card > Choose zip from SD card and choose the CWM-SuperSU-v0.89.zip, which you copied in STEP 4 and proceed with the installation.
- After the installation is complete, select ++++Go Back++++.
- Select reboot system now.
Congrats! You have rooted and installed the CWM Recovery on your HTC Sensation running the latest official ICS with HBoot version 1.27.000.