Root and install ClockworkMod Recovery on HTC Vivid
It is possible to root the HTC Vivid using the Hasoon’s All-in-one toolkit. Before heading to the rooting guide let me introduce you to the Hasoon’s All-in-one toolkit. Apart from rooting the HTC Vivid, the tool can Unlock Bootloader using the official HTCDev site, flash ClockworkMod Recovery, flash Holicakes custom kernel or the stock kernel incase you messed up and want to revert to stock.
Apart from the above features, it comes handy to quickly boot your device into bootloader or recovery when the phone is connected to the computer via USB cable.
Now that you know what the tool is all about, let us get your HTC Vivid rooted. Note that modding the phone is not for the faint hearted. By rooting the phone, your device will void the warranty. Therefore, proceed only if you know what you are doing.
Disclaimer: All android mods involve certain amount of risk. Android Total is not responsible if your device gets bricked or damaged during the process.
- To begin, extract the content of the downloaded HTC Vivid Tool kit on your computer.
- On your HTC Vivid, go to Settings > Applications > Development and enable USB debuggingmode.
- Connect your HTC Vivid to your computer via USB cable and choose Charging mode.
- Run the Vivid 2.1 executable file.
- If you don’t have HTC drivers installed on your computer, select Install HTC Drivers and click Go.
- If you have earlier unlocked your HTC Vivid’s bootloader by using the official HTCDev site, you can ignore this step. Otherwise, select Register at HTCDev, hit Go which will fire up the browser and open’s the HTCDev site. Complete registration there.
- Select Get Token ID and click Go.
- This will open a command prompt in which Token ID will get displayed. Right-click on the Command Prompt and select Mark. Then select the Token ID and right-click to copy the token ID. Close the command window.
- Select Submit Token ID and click Go.
- You will again go to the HTCDev site. Scroll down to the bottom of the page paste the Token ID in the box provided. You will get email with a link to download the Unlock_code.bin file. Copy it to the data folder in the extracted Hasoon’s AIO Kit.
- Select Unlock Bootloader and hit Go.
- The phone will boot into hboot and in few seconds the bootloader will get unlocked.
- Now it’s time to flash ClockworkMod Recovery 188.8.131.52. To do that, select CWM184.108.40.206 in the Hasoon’s AIO Toolkit and hit Flash Recovery.
- Now let us get your HTC Vivid permanently rooted. To do that, select Perm Root (GB/ICS) in the Extras section and click Run.
Congrats! You have successfully rooted and installed ClockworkMod Recovery on your HTC Vivid. You can now install SuperUser app from Google Play Store for managing the Super user rights.