If you are trying to install an android app that needs root access, or simply trying to install a custom ROM, you might be knowing that you need to root the Defy at first. Motorola Defy can be rooted using the popular Super One Click tool.
- Download Motorola USB Drivers and install it on your computer. You need to install these drivers for connecting your Defy to the computer via USB cable.
- Download Super-One-Click tool (You need to have Microsoft .NET Framework version 2.0. installed on your computer to run the tool)
1. Turn off the phone.
2. Restart the Defy in Bootloader mode. To do it, press and hold the VOLUME UP button while turning on the phone.
3. Now connect the Defy to computer via USB cable.
4. Let the USB Drivers automatically install in your computer. After the process is complete, restart both computer and phone. You need to restart phone in normal mode.
5. Enable “USB Debugging” mode by going to Settings > Applications > Development.
6. Right-click on Super One Click exe file and choose “Run as Administrator”.
7. Click “Root” and wait till the process is complete. During this time you will see tons of lines of codes running.
8. After the process is complete, you will get message “Device is rooted”.
That’s it. You have successfully rooted your Motorola Defy.