How to Root Samsung Ace S5830 on Android 2.2.1
While Europe got the Gingerbread feast for the Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830, the rest of the world are still stuck up at Android 2.2.1 Froyo. We now bring you guide on how to root the Samsung Ace S5830 on Android 2.2.1 Froyo.
1. Successful USB connection between the Ace and computer is required.
2. Download SuperOneClick tool to your computer.
1. Login to the computer with Administrator rights.
2. Enable USB Debugging mode in the Ace S5830 by going to Settings—>Applications—> Development.
3. Unzip SuperOneClick contents, right-click on SuperOneClick exe file and select ‘Run as Administrator’.
4. In the options, make sure ‘psneuter’ exploit is selected.
5. Connect the phone to the computer using USB cable.
6. Hit the ‘Root’ button.
In a few seconds, your Galaxy Ace S5830 should be rooted. Note that anytime you have an official update (for instance Android 2.3.3 via Kies), you should unroot the Ace by hitting the ‘Unroot’ button in SuperOneClick. Then move on to upgrade.