How to Root Samsung Galaxy Fit GT-5670 on Android 2.3.6
Rooting is the first mod one do with their android device. By rooting an android device, you can perform advanced functions on the device such as installing a custom recovery which can further add several features including installing a custom ROM, performing a complete backup, flashing a modded kernel for better performance etc.. The list goes on.
On the other side, by rooting your android device you will lose the warranty of the device. Having said that, this is a risk which is not meant for the faint-hearted guys!
Samsung Galaxy Fit (Model No. GT-5670) can easily be rooted by flashing a file through the stock recovery. Read on to find it how.
Disclaimer: Proceed at your own risk. Android Total is not responsible if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- To begin, connect your Galaxy Fit to your computer via USB cable.
- Copy the downloaded file Galaxy_Fit_Root_2.3.6.zipto the phone’s SD card. Make sure you remember where you copied it. For simplicity, I recommend you to copy it directly to the top level of the folder.
- After copying is complete, disconnect the phone.
- Power off the phone.
- Boot the phone into Recovery mode by pressing and holding the Homebutton (middle button) while turning on the phone.
- In the Recovery mode, you will see list of many options. Use volume buttons to navigate to apply update from sdcard and press Home button to select it.
- Go to the file which you copied in STEP 2: Galaxy_Fit_Root_2.3.6.zipand install it.
- After the flashing is complete, your phone will reboot automatically.
Congrats your Samsung Galaxy Fit is now rooted! To confirm, check the app screen for Superuser app which is used to manage the root permissions for the apps on your phone.